August 31, 2009,
Auburn Hills, Mich.
The 2010 Chrysler Sebring Convertible delivers what no other convertible on the road can: Chrysler’s sleek and elegant design, exhilarating performance, 29-mpg highway fuel efficiency, a spacious interior that comfortably seats four adults and enough trunk room to hold two golf bags, even when the top is down.
With a new smooth appearance hood and new wheel designs, the 2010 Chrysler Sebring Convertible gets an updated appearance. Convertible top options include a body-color painted steel retractable hard top (standard on Sebring Convertible Limited) and a power cloth top (standard on Sebring LX and Touring), both featuring a tonneau cover on all models. Top up or down, Chrysler Sebring Convertible provides the benefits of a coupe and the true open-air freedom of a convertible at an affordable price.
As many as four occupants may experience Chrysler Sebring Convertible’s comfortable, roomy interior. Rear-seat passengers have plenty of head and leg room, while a best-in-class 13.1 cu.ft. of trunk space gives Sebring Convertible year-round functionality.
The 2010 Chrysler Sebring Convertible’s standard 2.4-liter four-cylinder World Engine with dual Variable-valve Timing (VVT) delivers 20 miles-per-gallon (mpg) in the city and 29 mpg on the highway. In addition, a 3.5-liter V-6 engine that produces 235 horsepower (175 kW) and 232 lb.-ft. (232 N•m) of torque coupled with a six-speed automatic transmission with Auto Stick delivers excellent performance and fuel efficiency, as well as smooth and quiet operation. Sebring Convertible’s 3.5-liter V-6 engine achieves 16 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on the highway.
Chrysler Sebring Convertible has a rigid body structure that provides a quiet, comfortable ride and reduces cowl shake, even when the top is down. Front-wheel-drive architecture and three-box vehicle design contribute to a body that is 2.5-times stiffer in twist and 1.5-times stiffer in bending than the previous-generation Chrysler Sebring Convertible. These refinements make the Chrysler Sebring Convertible structure stiffer than other convertibles on the market that cost thousands of dollars more.
2010 CHRYSLER SEBRING CONVERTIBLE AT A GLANCE
America’s favorite convertible offers class-leading innovations and premium amenities at an affordable price
- Two convertible top options: power cloth and retractable hard top
- Standard hard tonneau cover with automatic latching top
- Available convertible roof top and windows that retract with the push of a button on the key fob
- Available factory-installed windscreen
- Available remote start
Sleek, elegant hard-top design offers coupe styling with the fun and open-air freedom of a drop top for comfortable driving 365 days a year
- Spacious interior with exceptional cargo room
- Best-in-class trunk space of 13.1 cubic feet with the top up and 6.6 cubic feet with the top down
- Trunk accommodates two golf bags when the top is retracted; four golf bags when the top is up
- Comfortable room for four adults — Sebring Convertible’s rear seat provides a competitive 33.5 inches of leg room
- Front seat belts integrated into front seats for easy rear-seat entry
Fun-to-drive 3.5-liter engine provides excellent performance
- Available 3.5-liter engine with a six-speed automatic delivers 235 horsepower and 232 lb.-ft. of torque and delivers 16 mpg city and 26 mpg highway
- Available 2.7-liter V-6 engine provides flex-fuel capability and delivers 18 mpg city and 26 mpg highway
- Standard 2.4-liter World Engine is fuel efficient and fun to drive, delivering 20 mpg city and 29 mpg highway
Class-leading safety features
- Standard multi-stage driver and front-passenger air bags
- Standard front-seat-mounted side air bags for head and thorax protection
- Low-risk deployment air bags
- Standard four-wheel-disc Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)
- Driver and front-passenger active head restraints
- Available Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
2009 Model Year
- Eighteen-inch chromed aluminum wheels added on Chrysler Sebring Convertible Limited
- Silver Steel Metallic Clear Coat replaced Dark Titanium Metallic Clear Coat
- Dark Slate Gray interior replaced Slate Gray/Light Slate Gray
- Trunk mat with brand logo and deck-lid closing assist handle added on all models
- Floor mats and cabin air-filtration system added on all models
- Dramatically improved acoustic package for reduced noise levels in the cabin
- uconnect Phone added on Sebring Convertible Limited
- Heated front seats, windscreen, Remote Start, automatic headlamps, HomeLink universal home security system transceiver, automatic temperature control and heated/cooled cup holder added on Sebring Convertible Limited
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC) with All-speed Traction Control added on Sebring Convertible Touring and Limited
- Convenience Group now includes Remote Start with power top and windows down with the push of a button the on key fob on Sebring Convertible LX
- Premium Audio Group included Uconnect Navigation, auto-dimming mirror and Boston Acoustics speakers (Chrysler Sebring Convertible Touring)
2008 Model Year
Production of the all-new 2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible began in March 2007 at the Sterling Heights (Mich.) Assembly Plant.