Canada: 2022 Jeep Gladiator Fact Sheet
December 20, 2021,
The 2022 Jeep® Gladiator, engineered from the ground up to be the most off-road capable Jeep truck ever, builds on a rich heritage of tough, dependable trucks with an unmatched combination of rugged utility, authentic Jeep design, open-air freedom, clever functionality and versatility.
Powertrain options include a 3.6-litre Pentastar V-6 with engine stop-start (ESS) and a 3.0-litre EcoDiesel engine with ESS. Equipped with a versatile box, a body-on-frame design, front and rear five-link suspension system, solid axles and electronic lockers, Gladiator is one of the few midsize trucks to offer a six-speed manual transmission in addition to its available eight-speed automatic. Gladiator is built to handle the demands of an active lifestyle while delivering an open-air driving experience in a design that is unmistakably Jeep.
A multitude of technology features, such as Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, and safety features, such as Blind-spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Path detection, adaptive cruise control and Forward Collision Warning-Plus, enhance Gladiator’s appeal. Combining traditional Jeep attributes with strong truck credentials, the Jeep Gladiator is a unique vehicle with unsurpassed capability.
New for 2022:
- Uconnect 4 with 7-inch radio standard on Sport (replaces Uconnect 3 with 5-inch radio)
- Uconnect 4C with 8.4-inch radio, navigation, and nine Alpine speakers standard on Overland, Rubicon and Mojave
- Remote Proximity Keyless Entry standard on Overland, Rubicon and Mojave
- New standard cabin filter that removes 95% of air particulates
- Updated exterior colour:
- Silver Zynith (replaces Billet Silver)
- Jeep Gladiator’s 3.6-litre Pentastar V-6 engine with ESS delivers 285 horsepower and 260 lb.-ft. of torque and is engineered to provide a broad torque band. A six-speed manual transmission is standard and a TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission is optional
- Gladiator offers an available 3.0-litre EcoDiesel V-6 engine, rated at 260 horsepower and 442 lb.-ft. of torque, with ESS
- To handle greater torque loads, the EcoDiesel V-6 connects to a TorqueFlite 8HP75 eight-speed automatic transmission, calibrated for low-RPM shifts
- Gladiator models, equipped with the 3.6-litre Pentastar V-6 engine, feature up to 771 kilograms (1,700 pounds) of payload and up to 3,469 kg (7,650 lbs.) of towing capacity with the available Max Towing Package
- Jeep Gladiator Mojave represents the ultimate in high-speed off-road capability and performance in sand environments and is the first to earn the brand’s Desert Rated badge. Mojave is equipped with high-performance FOX 6.3 centimetre (2.5-inch) internal bypass shocks with reservoirs and industry-first FOX front hydraulic jounce bumpers to maximize handling in addition to a rear locking differential and 33-inch tires
- Approach angle of 43.6 degrees, breakover angle of 20.3 degrees, departure angle of 26 degrees and ground clearance of 28.1 cm (11.1 in.). Up to 76 cm (30 inches) of water fording capability
- Gladiator models feature lightweight, high-strength aluminum doors, hinges, hood, fenders, windshield frame and tailgate to help reduce weight and boost fuel economy
- The capable driveline of the Sport and Overland models include the Command-Trac NV241 part-time, two-speed transfer case, which features a 2.72:1 low-range gear ratio. In addition, an optional Trac-Lok limited-slip rear differential provides extra torque and grip in low-traction environments, such as sand, mud or snow
- The Gladiator Rubicon model features the Rock-Trac NV241OR two-speed transfer case with a 4.0:1 low-range gear ratio. Gladiator Rubicon also includes electric front and rear locking differentials, a disconnecting front sway bar, off-road winch-capable bumpers with removable end caps and 33-inch tires, taking the Gladiator to the highest level of capability
- Gladiator offers a full-time two-speed transfer case across the lineup that is intuitive and allows the driver to set it and forget it, while constantly sending power to the front and rear wheels. The Selec-Trac transfer case with full-time four-wheel drive and a 2.72:1 low-range gear ratio is available on Sport, Overland and Mojave, while the Rock-Trac Full-Time transfer case is available on Rubicon.
- Jeep Gladiator features include iconic round headlamps, seven-slot keystone grille, trapezoid wheel flares, removable doors, exposed hinges with the Torx tool-bit size stamped into it, a fold-down windshield and innovative removable tops
- Fourth-generation Uconnect system includes Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and the choice of a 7.0- or 8.4-inch touchscreen with pinch-and-zoom capability
- Standard electronic stability control (ESC), electronic roll mitigation, trailer-sway control, Hill-start Assist and brake traction control are among more than 80 available safety and security features
For 2022, the Gladiator lineup consists of four models:
Available Exterior Colours:
- Sport S
Available Interior Colours:
- Bright White
- Granite Crystal
- Silver Zynith
- Firecracker Red
- Sting Grey
- Hydro Blue
- Sarge Green
- Heritage Tan
- Steel Grey
Built on 80 years of legendary heritage, Jeep is the authentic SUV brand that brings capability, craftsmanship and versatility to people who seek extraordinary journeys. The Jeep brand delivers an open invitation to live life to the fullest by offering a broad portfolio of vehicles that continues to provide owners with a sense of security to handle any journey with confidence. The Jeep vehicle range consists of the Cherokee, Compass, Gladiator, Grand Cherokee, Renegade and Wrangler. Jeep Wave, a premium owner loyalty and customer care program that is available to All-New Grand Cherokee and Grand Cherokee L owners, is filled with benefits and exclusive perks to deliver the utmost customer care and dedicated support. The legendary Jeep brand's off-road capability is now being enhanced by a global electrification initiative, that is transforming 4xe into new 4x4 in pursuit of the brand’s vision of accomplishing Zero Emission Freedom. A fully-electric Jeep vehicle will be offered in every SUV segment by 2025. Jeep is part of the portfolio of brands offered by leading global automaker and mobility provider Stellantis. For more information regarding Stellantis (NYSE: STLA), please visit www.stellantis.com.