2022 Ram 1500 Fact Sheet
September 1, 2021,
Auburn Hills, Mich.
The 2022 Ram 1500
is the no-compromise benchmark for durability, technology, efficiency, performance and convenience with features never before offered in a pickup. The Ram 1500 features up to 12,750 pounds of towing capability and 2,300 pounds of payload. The eTorque 48-volt mild hybrid system delivers improved fuel efficiency in both V-6 (standard) and V-8 configurations. The Ram 1500 is America’s most powerful half-ton diesel pickup with 480 lb.-ft. of torque, and is rated at an unsurpassed 33 miles per gallon (mpg) highway, delivering up to 1,000 miles of range on a single tank of fuel.
The 2022 Ram 1500 TRX
has been rigorously tested to handle the most punishing conditions with extreme capability and durability on its way to being the quickest, fastest and most powerful mass-produced half-ton pickup truck in the world.
As a segment disrupter, the Uconnect 5 system with a massive 12-inch touchscreen leads the segment in technology, featuring split-screen capability, 360-degree camera views, and content from SiriusXM with 360L and Personalized Stations Powered by Pandora. The 2022 Ram 1500 lineup includes the Know & Go mobile app featuring an immersive experience for customers who want to learn more about their vehicles. Active safety and security systems include adaptive cruise control, Forward Collision Warning, Blind-spot Monitoring and Ready Alert Braking. Class-leading ride and handling are accomplished via a segment-exclusive link-coil rear suspension system with optional active-level four-corner air suspension.
New for 2022
- New Ram 1500 Limited 10th Anniversary Edition joins the lineup and features an exclusive Blue Shade exterior color, multi-function tailgate, cold air intake, cold end exhaust, unique badging and 22-inch polished wheels. Inside, the 1500 Limited 10th Anniversary Edition features unique Indigo and Sea Salt quilted leather seats, instrument panel, console and door inserts, suede headliner, visors and A-pillar, 10th Anniversary console badge and cluster splash screen, aluminum Litho bezels, jeweled shifter knob, metal pedal kit and a 19-speaker premium sound system
- New Ram 1500 Longhorn SouthFork model replaces Limited Longhorn 10th Anniversary in the lineup and includes a multi-function tailgate, deployable bed step, spray-in bedliner, metal pedal kit and Falken Wildpeak All-Terrain tires. The Bed Utility Group (adjustable cargo tie-down hooks, LED box lightning and cargo divider) is also included. Longhorn SouthFork features an exclusive Mountain Brown interior color, standard bucket seats and suede door bolsters with leather insert and laser filigree detail
- New Ram 1500 Laramie G/T and Ram 1500 Rebel G/T Crew Cab models with the 5-foot, 7-inch bed includes a sport performance hood, black grille, GT decals, cold air intake and cold end exhaust. Inside, bucket seats with high bolsters, a new flat-bottom steering wheel with enhanced hand grips and aluminum paddle shifters, performance-oriented floor shifter, performance screens, all-weather floor mats and metal pedal kit are included
- New Ram 1500 BackCountry, available on Ram 1500 Big Horn and Lone Star models with both 5.7-liter V-8 engines, includes a body-color grille surround, black tu-tone exterior paint, black badging, exhaust, headlamps, running boards and mirrors, tonneau cover, Bed Utility Group (spray-in bedliner, center-mounted deployable bed step and a cargo divider) and Off Road Group (electronic locking rear axle, heavy-duty shock absorbers, skid plates for the front suspension, steering gear and transfer case, hill-descent control, Off-Road pages, tow hooks and all-terrain or on/off-road tires)
- All-new Uconnect 5 system is standard on Ram 1500 Big Horn models and above, four times faster with three times more memory, features Wi-Fi capability and tow-specific navigation and brings flexibility that allows the system to continuously evolve to offer new content, features and services
- Trailer Hitch Light is now included in Trailer Tow Group and includes four LED lights that provide clear, crisp light from directly above the trailer hitch
- Ram Clean Air System is standard on all 2022 Ram 1500 models and filters 95-percent of air particulates. Cleanest cabin air in a Ram Truck ever separates out pollen, allergens and bacteria
- Harvest Sunrise (available on Tradesman, Big Horn, Rebel, Laramie and Longhorn) exterior color joins the lineup. Delmonico Red is now available on Rebel
Configurations in 4x2 and 4x4
- Class-exclusive air suspension enhances fuel efficiency, improves ride and gives greater off-road capability, load-leveling and entry/exit convenience
- Maximum payload of 2,300 pounds and maximum trailer tow of 12,750 pounds
- America’s most powerful half-ton diesel pickup with 480 lb.-ft. of torque and most capable light-duty diesel, with towing capability up to 12,560 pounds
- Quickest, fastest and most powerful mass-produced truck in the world courtesy of the legendary supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI® V-8 engine
- Luxury interior with Uconnect 5 system and 12-inch touchscreen featuring Alexa In-Vehicle Assistant, simultaneous connectivity for two Bluetooth-enabled phones, tow-specific navigation, dynamic range mapping and connected driver profiles
- Quickest, fastest, most powerful and most fuel-efficient Ram 1500 lineup ever:
- 3.6-liter eTorque Pentastar V-6 engine, delivering 305 horsepower and 269 lb.-ft.
- 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V-6 engine, delivering 260 horsepower and 480 lb.-ft. of torque
- 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine with variable-valve timing (VVT), 395 horsepower and 410 lb.-ft.
- 5.7-liter eTorque HEMI V-8 with VVT, 395 horsepower and 410 lb.-ft. of torque
- Supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI V-8 sets new benchmarks for power and performance among half-ton pickups with 702 horsepower and 650 lb.-ft. or torque
- Largest cab creates the most spacious interior for additional features and passenger comfort
- Second row offers 8 degrees of slide recline, heated and cooled seats, a flat-load floor with integrated RamBins, tie-down rings and expandable under-seat storage
- Class-exclusive RamBox cargo management system, relocatable anchor points, bed divider and new multifunction tailgate with a center bed step make for the best pickup bed in the business
- Quad Cab 6-foot, 4-inch bed
- Crew Cab 5-foot, 7-inch bed
- Crew Cab 6-foot, 4-inch bed
The Ram 1500 offers eight models:
Available Exterior Colors
- Tradesman HFE
- Big Horn/Lone Star
- Longhorn SouthFork
- Limited 10th Anniversary Edition
- Delmonico Red Pearl
- Flame Red
- Harvest Sunrise
- Olive Green
- Patriot Blue Pearl
- Hydro Blue
- Maximum Steel Metallic
- Granite Crystal Metallic
- Billet Silver Metallic
- Diamond Black Crystal Pearl
- Ivory Tri-Coat
- Bright White
- Blue Shade (Limited 10th Anniversary)
- Billet Silver Metallic
- Diamond Black Crystal Pearl
Please visit the Ram 1500 newsroom for the latest product information, photography, videography, plus access to specifications and feature availability documents.
Ram Truck Brand
In 2009, the Ram Truck brand launched as a stand-alone division, focused on meeting the demands of truck buyers and delivering benchmark-quality vehicles. With a full lineup of trucks, the Ram 1500, 2500/3500 Heavy Duty, 3500/4500/5500 Chassis Cab and ProMaster, the Ram brand builds trucks that get the hard work done and families where they need to go.
Ram continues to outperform the competition and sets the benchmarks for:
- 1,075 lb.-ft. of torque with Cummins Turbo Diesel
- Towing capacity of 37,090 lbs. with Ram 3500
- Segment first 1,000 lb.-ft of torque with Cummins Turbo Diesel
- Payload of 7,680 lbs. with Ram 3500
- Most luxurious: Ram Limited with real wood, real leather and 12-inch Uconnect touchscreen
- Best ride and handling with exclusive link coil rear and auto-level air suspensions
- Most interior space with Ram Mega Cab
- The most cargo space available in any traditional full size cargo van
- Most capable full-size off-road pickup – Ram Power Wagon
- Ram 1500 TRX is the quickest, fastest and most powerful mass-produced pickup truck in the world
- Most awarded light-duty truck in America
- Highest owner loyalty of any half-ton pickup
The latest J.D. Power APEAL study
, which rates the emotional bond between customers and their vehicles, named the 2022 Ram 1500 as the best vehicle in the large light-duty pickup category. This marks the third straight year Ram 1500 has received top honors.
The Ram 1500 lineup includes the Know & Go mobile app featuring an immersive experience for customers who want to learn more about their vehicles.
Ram is part of the portfolio of brands offered by leading global automaker and mobility provider Stellantis. For more information regarding Stellantis (NYSE: STLA), please visit www.stellantis.com
Follow Ram and company news and video on:
Company blog: http://blog.stellantisnorthamerica.com
Media website: http://media.stellantisnorthamerica.com
Ram Truck brand: www.ramtrucks.com