May 18, 2020,
Auburn Hills, Mich.
In preparation of Alfa Romeo’s 110th anniversary, to be officially celebrated on June 24, 2020, the brand is launching a comprehensive heritage package that highlights key moments in its illustrious history. Headlining the heritage package is an interactive e-book
, which spans from the brand’s very beginning in 1910, when the first A.L.F.A., the 24 HP, was introduced, to today and beyond with such vehicles as the limited-edition Giulia GTA and the upcoming Tonale crossover.
Between the bookends, discover notable nuggets and a slew of “Did you know?” facts, including:
- Did you know the Alfa Romeo logo combines the emblem of the city of Milan and the "Biscione Visconteo," the coat of arms of the Visconti family, which ruled medieval Milan?
- Did you know Alfa Romeo won the very first Formula 1 championship in 1950? And the second Formula 1 championship in 1951, with Juan Manuel Fangio securing the title?
- Did you know Enzo Ferrari drove for the Alfa Romeo racing team prior to leaving to establish his own car company?
- Did you know Hollywood stars from the 1940s aspired to drive Alfa Romeos, especially rare models such as the 6C 2500 Super Sport?
- Did you know that the Alfa Romeo 156 D2 race car introduced in 1998 went on to win 13 touring car championships?
All of this and more are detailed in this heritage package, including all of the photography, much of which comes from the archive at the Museo Storico Alfa Romeo in Arese, Italy, and a short video synopsis.
Additional content package highlights include:
- "My Favorite Alfa Romeo Cars," by Ralph Gilles, Head of Design, FCA
- "Most Significant Performance Cars From Alfa Romeo," by Lorenzo Ardizio, Curator Museo Storico Alfa Romeo
- Evolution of the Biscione logo
- Story behind the Trefoil “face”
Since its foundation in Milan, Italy, in 1910, Alfa Romeo has designed and crafted some of the most stylish and exclusive cars in automotive history. That tradition lives on today as Alfa Romeo continues to take a unique and innovative approach to designing automobiles. The Alfa Romeo Stelvio sets a new benchmark in performance, style and technology in an SUV. The award-winning Alfa Romeo Giulia delivers race-inspired performance, advanced technologies and an exhilarating driving experience to the premium midsize sedan segment. The Giulia Quadrifoglio and the Stelvio Quadrifoglio feature Alfa Romeo’s most powerful production engine ever with unsurpassed 0-60 mph times of 3.8 and 3.6 seconds, respectively. Rounding out Alfa Romeo’s world-class lineup is the handcrafted Alfa Romeo 4C Spider. Alfa Romeo is part of the portfolio of brands offered by global automaker Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. For more information regarding FCA (NYSE: FCAU/ MTA: FCA), please visit www.fcagroup.com
Follow Alfa Romeo brand news and video on:
Newsroom: FCA US Media Website
Facebook: Alfa Romeo USA