August 31, 2019,
Auburn Hills, Mich.
For the 2020 model year, Ram Truck brings new appearance and feature packages, adding even greater appeal to a well-rounded lineup that offers something for nearly every truck buyer.
“Buyers demand a good-looking truck with easy-to-use features. They often tell us that their Ram trucks are an extension of their personality and want to stand out from the crowd,” said Reid Bigland, Head of Ram Brand. “Whether it’s the off-road-enthusiast appeal of the Ram 1500 Rebel, the stylish Night editions or greater usability for the most powerful, most capable heavy-duty trucks, Ram trucks deliver features and durability that are winning over more and more buyers.”
The 2020 Ram 1500 sets the benchmark for durability, technology, efficiency and luxury with features never before offered in a pickup. With the addition of the all-new, third-generation 3.0-liter V-6 EcoDiesel, the Ram 1500 becomes America’s most powerful half-ton diesel pickup, with 480 lb.-ft. of torque, and most capable light-duty diesel, with towing capability 12,560 pounds.
The 2020 Ram 2500 and 3500 are the Heavy Duty segment’s leaders in ride and handling, luxury, materials, innovation and technology, extending well past any competitive offerings. Driving it all, a never-before-seen torque rating of 1,000 lb.-ft. from the Cummins I-6 Turbo Diesel engine.
New for 2020 Ram 1500:
New for 2020 Ram Heavy Duty:
- New 2020 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel produces highest half-ton diesel torque, achieving 480 lb.-ft.and highest available half-ton diesel towing capacity at 12,560 pounds
- 2020 Ram Rebel now available with EcoDiesel powertrain option, delivering low-end torque and off-road capability
- Ram 1500 Night Edition (available on Big Horn and Laramie models) includes a monochromatic design enhanced by a black grille, grille surround, badging, wheels (20-inch on Big Horn, 22-inch on Laramie) and exhaust tips. The headlamps and taillights feature dark bezels
- Ram Rebel Black Appearance Group returns with Diamond Black Crystal Pearl Coat paint, black 18-inch wheels, front spoiler, skid plate, badging, tow hooks and exhaust. LED headlamps with black bezels and a theme-matched all-black interior are standard. A Black and Ruby Red interior is optional
- New Rebel Safety Group includes Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop, Go and Hold, Forward Collision Mitigation, Lane Departure Warning-Plus and automatic high-beam headlamps
- Blind-spot Monitoring now available on Tradesman
- New Rebel exterior graphic options
- 22-inch two-tone wheel now available on Longhorn
- New eTorque badging featured on the hood
- Three new exterior colors: Hydro Blue, RV Match Walnut Brown and Olive Green (late availability)
Ram Truck Brand
- Lane Keep Assist and Adaptive Steering now available on all trim levels
- Blind-spot Monitoring, including easy-to-use trailer coverage, now available
- Trailer tire pressure monitoring now available as an option on all trim levels
- Auxiliary camera system supports two different cameras
- 50-gallon fuel tank optional on Crew Cab models with eight-foot bed
- Olive Green and Hydro Blue exterior colors
- Black wheels are now available on Power Wagon
In 2009, the Ram Truck brand launched as a stand-alone division, focused on meeting the demands of truck buyers and delivering benchmark-quality vehicles. With a full lineup of trucks, the Ram 1500, 2500/3500 Heavy Duty, 3500/4500/5500 Chassis Cab and ProMaster, the Ram brand builds trucks that get the hard work done and families where they need to go.
Ram continues to outperform the competition and sets the benchmarks for:
- 1,075 lb.-ft. of torque with Cummins Turbo Diesel
- Towing capacity of 37,090 lbs. with Ram 3500
- Segment first 1,000 lb.-ft of torque with Cummins Turbo Diesel
- Payload of 7,680 lbs. with Ram 3500
- Most luxurious: Ram Limited with real wood, real leather and 12-inch Uconnect touchscreen
- Best ride and handling with exclusive link coil rear and auto-level air suspensions
- Most interior space with Ram Mega Cab
- The most cargo space available in any traditional full size cargo van
- Most capable full-size off-road pickup – Ram Power Wagon
- Ram 1500 TRX is the quickest, fastest and most powerful mass-produced pickup truck in the world
- Most awarded light-duty truck in America
- Highest owner loyalty of any half-ton pickup
The latest J.D. Power APEAL study
, which rates the emotional bond between customers and their vehicles, named the 2022 Ram 1500 as the best vehicle in the large light-duty pickup category. This marks the third straight year Ram 1500 has received top honors.
The Ram 1500 lineup includes the Know & Go mobile app featuring an immersive experience for customers who want to learn more about their vehicles.
Ram is part of the portfolio of brands offered by leading global automaker and mobility provider Stellantis. For more information regarding Stellantis (NYSE: STLA), please visit www.stellantis.com
Follow Ram and company news and video on:
Company blog: http://blog.stellantisnorthamerica.com
Media website: http://media.stellantisnorthamerica.com
Ram Truck brand: www.ramtrucks.com