2020 Dodge Durango / Durango SRT Fact Sheet
August 31, 2019,
Auburn Hills, Mich.
The Dodge Durango’s combination of uncompromised utility, advanced technology, class-leading towing and driving range, confident driving dynamics and aggressive styling make it the Dodge Charger of the three-row SUV segment. For 2020, Dodge continues to demonstrate Durango’s proven performance, utility and comfort with appearance packages and an available soft-touch hand-wrapped instrument panel.
The 2020 Dodge Durango SRT is the fastest, most powerful and most capable American three-row SUV powered by the proven 392-cubic-inch HEMI® V-8 to deliver 475 horsepower and 470 lb.-ft. of torque, allowing it to go from 0-60 miles per hour (mph) in 4.4 seconds and covering the quarter mile in 12.9 seconds as certified by the National Hot Rod Association (NHRA), all while outhauling every three-row full-size SUV on the road with a best-in-class towing capability of 8,700 pounds. The most complete and capable towing vehicle in its class, Durango’s standard TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission is paired with the award-winning 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine rated at up to 295 horsepower and 260 lb.-ft. of torque and best-in-class towing capability of 6,200 pounds, while the classic 5.7-liter HEMI
V-8 engine produces a best-in-class V-8 horsepower of 360 horsepower and 390 lb.-ft. of torque and class-leading towing capability of 7,400 pounds.
Technology for 2020 includes an available programmable digital instrument cluster, available class-exclusive 9-inch dual screen Blu-ray and DVD player for rear seat passengers, available 19-speaker Harman Kardon premium audio system, 8.4-inch Uconnect touchscreen radio with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, navigation, available integrated trailer brake when equipped with the Trailer-tow Package and a function to view trailed items through the rear-mounted camera while the Durango is in motion. Durango’s available three-row seating offers spaciousness and flexibility with 85 cu. ft. of cargo capacity and 50 different seating configurations, including available second-row captain’s chairs.
New for 2020:
- Durango SRT features factory-custom options with Black appearance package and Redline Stripe
- New 2020 Dodge Durango SRT Black appearance package adds Midnight Grey Metallic and Gloss Black exterior accents packaged with available 20-inch by 10-inch Matte Vapor wheels
- Exclusively available on Durango SRT, the Redline stripe is a full-length Satin Black center stripe with Redline Red accent tracers on each edge
- The Durango SRT Black package and Redline stripe are available with 10 colors: Billet Silver, DB Black, Destroyer Grey, F8 Green, Granite Crystal, Octane Red, Reactor Blue, Redline, White Knuckle and Vice White
- Durango R/T features:
- Chrome HEMI front fender badge; Matte Black badge when Durango R/T is equipped with available Blacktop or Brass Monkey Appearance Packages
- Available Premium Interior Group, which includes Dinamica suede-wrapped headliner and hand-wrapped instrument panel with live accent stitching
- 20-inch wheel design available in a Gloss Black finish when equipped with optional Blacktop Package
- Dodge Durango SRT is loaded with performance features designed to make it the fastest, most powerful and most capable American three-row SUV, including the proven 392-cubic-inch HEMI V-8, which delivers 475 horsepower, 470 lb.-ft. of torque, 4.4-second 0-60 mph acceleration, NHRA-certified 12.9-second quarter mile and best-in-class towing capability of 8,700 pounds
- The 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine produces a best-in-class 360 horsepower and 390 lb.-ft. of torque with a best-in-class tow rating of 7,400 pounds. Fuel Saver Technology with cylinder-deactivation seamlessly alternates between smooth, high-fuel-economy four-cylinder mode and V-8 mode when more power is in demand
- Durango’s standard 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine generates 293 horsepower (295 horsepower on Blacktop Package) and 260 lb.-ft. of torque. Equipped with the V-6, Durango can tow a best-in-class 6,200 pounds. In addition, engine stop-start (ESS) is standard on the V-6 and lowers emissions while also saving fuel
- The 2020 Dodge Durango features a standard eight-speed automatic transmission with driver-oriented electronic shifter and available steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters
- The Durango SRT performance look is available with all powertrains. The performance front fascia with functional SRT hood, including center air inlet duct flanked by heat extractors, is available on Durango GT models powered by the 3.6-liter V-6 and standard on Durango R/T models powered by the 5.7-liter HEMI V-8
- A driver’s SUV, the 2020 Dodge Durango delivers excitement and modernized refinement thanks to its world-class suspension, structural refinements and performance driving characteristics, all of which are usually found on premium performance SUVs at much higher price points
- Dodge Durango’s rear-wheel-drive-based drivetrain is the foundation for its outstanding on-road driving performance. Available all-wheel drive (AWD) further enhances driver confidence by leveraging the Durango’s 50/50 weight distribution. The Durango SRT features standard AWD. The Durango’s three available AWD systems greatly enhance the vehicle’s traction and handling
- While competitors have switched to front-wheel-drive, car-based platforms, the 5.7-liter and 6.4-liter HEMI-powered AWD Durango models feature a low-range transfer case with a neutral position. Low range improves light off-road performance and helps ease maneuvers, such as pulling a boat up a steep launch or backing up with a trailer. The neutral position in the transfer case allows the vehicle to be flat towed without damaging powertrain components
- With standard five-passenger seating on SXT, optional seven-passenger seating and second-row captain’s chairs available on GT and R/T models, the seats in the 2020 Dodge Durango can be configured in 50 different ways. Durango Citadel and SRT models feature standard second-row captain’s chairs and six-passenger seating
- Families with three or more children will find the Durango’s available captain’s chairs with pass-through especially helpful as child safety seats can be latched into each second-row seat, and there’s still easy pass-through for passengers to walk between to get to the third row
- A versatile 60/40 split folding second-row seat conveniently folds and tumbles. Transporting long items, such as 10-foot 2x4s, is not a problem as the left side of the second row folds 60 percent, allowing the versatility of folding the 40 percent seat in tandem with the front passenger fold-flat seat. To make passengers more comfortable, second-row seats also are available with heat and they recline 18 degrees
- The third-row seat features a 50/50 split and is easily folded from the rear of the vehicle. For even more utility, both the second- and third-row seats fold to provide a flat-load floor. A switch in the instrument panel remotely lowers third-row headrests when not in use
- Uconnect is available via either a standard 7-inch or available 8.4-inch touchscreen, the latter of which is the largest touchscreen in its class. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are standard on all Durango models
- Durango offers a class-exclusive Blu-ray video rear entertainment system with two high-resolution 9-inch screens, one on each front seat back. Each screen allows customers to watch their movies on Blu-ray or standard DVDs or play their gaming systems via inputs for HDMI or RCA cables for each screen integrated into the front seat backs. Wireless headphones are included as is a wireless remote
- The 2020 Dodge Durango offers consumers more than 60 available safety and security features, with seven standard air bags, including full-length three-row side-curtain airbags, standard front-seat mounted side-thorax air bags, front-row active head restraints, standard trailer-sway control and available forward collision warning with crash mitigation, Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop, Blind-spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Path detection, Uconnect Access with 9-1-1 call and roadside assistance
For 2020, the Dodge Durango lineup consists of five models:
Available Exterior Colors:
Available Interior Colors:
- Octane Red
- Redline Red
- Reactor Blue
- Destroyer Grey
- F8 Green
- DB Black
- White Knuckle
- Vice White
- Black/Light Frost Beige
- Black/Radar Red (R/T only)
- Black/Sepia (R/T or Citadel Anodized Platinum only)
- Demonic Red (SRT only)
Please visit the Dodge Durango
and Durango SRT
newsrooms for the latest product information, photography and videography, plus access to specification and feature availability documents.
For more than 100 years, the Dodge brand has carried on the spirit of brothers John and Horace Dodge. Their influence continues today as Dodge shifts into high gear with a lineup that delivers unrivaled performance in each of the segments where they compete.
Dodge drives forward as a pure performance brand, offering SRT Hellcat versions of the Dodge Challenger, Dodge Charger and Dodge Durango, as well as an R/T plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV) version of the all-new 2023 Dodge Hornet, representing the brand’s first-ever electrified performance vehicle. Dodge delivers the drag-strip dominating 807-horsepower Dodge Challenger SRT Super Stock; the 797-horsepower Dodge Charger SRT Redeye, the most powerful and fastest mass-produced sedan in the world; and the 710-horsepower Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat, the most powerful SUV ever; and best-in-class standard performance in the compact utility vehicle segment with the Dodge Hornet. Combined, these four muscle vehicles make Dodge the industry’s most powerful brand, offering more horsepower than any other American brand across its entire lineup.
In 2022, the Dodge brand ranked No. 1 in the J.D. Power APEAL Study
(mass market), making it the only domestic brand ever to do so three years in a row. In 2020, Dodge was named the "#1 Brand in Initial Quality," making it the first domestic brand ever to rank No. 1 in the J.D. Power Initial Quality Study
Dodge is part of the portfolio of brands offered by leading global automaker and mobility provider Stellantis. For more information regarding Stellantis (NYSE: STLA), please visit www.stellantis.com
Follow Dodge and company news and video on:
Company blog: http://blog.stellantisnorthamerica.com
Media website: http://media.stellantisnorthamerica.com
Dodge brand: www.dodge.com