June 4, 2019,
Auburn Hills, Mich.
The legendary story of the Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat, the quickest, fastest and most powerful sedan in the world, continues to grow with the arrival of the limited-edition 2019 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Octane Edition.
“In the world of muscle cars, limited editions are valued by enthusiasts for their uniqueness and collectability, both today and in the future,” said Tom Sacoman, Director of Product, Passenger Car Brands, Dodge, SRT, Chrysler and FIAT – FCA US LLC. “The 2019 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Octane Edition is the newest factory-custom model designed for our performance customers who want to stand apart from the pack.”
Available to order now at Dodge//SRT dealers, the Charger SRT Hellcat Octane Edition is a unique combination of equipment and trim, including some features not previously available on the 707-horsepower, supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI® V-8 powered sedan.
A key visual clue to the 2019 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Octane Edition is the “blacked-out” theme inside and out. Available with either Pitch Black or White Knuckle exterior paint, the Octane Edition package includes:
- Full-length Satin Black center stripe with Octane Red accent tracers on each edge
- Complete black exterior badging, including the grille, decklid and fender badges
- Satin Black decklid spoiler
- 20 x 9.5-inch aluminum-forged Cross Brace wheels, painted Low-gloss Black, adopted from the 2019 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320. The Cross Brace wheels include knurled bead seats to minimize tire slip on the wheel under extreme acceleration
- Brembo brake package (six-piston front calipers/four-piston rear) with unique Octane Red paint color
- For the first time on a Charger SRT Hellcat, the Octane Edition features SRT Performance seats with Houndstooth insert, SRT Hellcat logo stitched into the seat back and red accent stitching
- Red interior stitching throughout the cabin
- Black-on-black SRT Hellcat instrument panel badge
- Red seat belts
- Gloss black interior accents and Dark Brushed II instrument panel and console bezels
The 2019 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Octane Edition is a turnkey appearance package and carries a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $1,495. It is available for dealer orders now through the end of the model year only, and will start arriving in dealerships in fall 2019.
About the 2019 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
The 2019 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat remains the quickest, fastest and most powerful sedan in the world with the supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI® V-8 that delivers 707 horsepower and 650 lb.-ft. of torque. The engine is mated to the quick-shifting TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission with steering wheel-mounted shift paddles.
New for 2019, the Charger SRT Hellcat features a new performance grille with dual inlets that feed cooler, outside air into the engine compartment. Bolstering the performance is the addition of four race-inspired technologies that come standard on Hellcat, including:
- Launch Assist, which uses wheel speed sensors to watch for driveline-damaging wheel hop at launch and, in milliseconds, modifies the engine torque to regain full grip
- Line Lock, which engages the front brakes to hold the Charger SRT Hellcat stationary, but leaves the rear wheels free for a burnout to heat up and clean the rear tires
- After-Run Chiller, which keeps cooling the supercharger/charge air cooler after the engine is shut off
- Torque Reserve, which closes a bypass valve to prefill the supercharger and manages fuel flow and spark advance to balance engine rpm and torque, generates a reserve of torque that is delivered upon acceleration from a standing stop
For more than 100 years, the Dodge brand has carried on the spirit of brothers John and Horace Dodge. Their influence continues today as Dodge shifts into high gear with muscle cars and SUVs that deliver unrivaled performance in each of the segments where they compete.
Dodge drives forward as a pure performance brand, offering SRT versions of every model across the lineup. For the 2022 model year, Dodge delivers the drag-strip dominating 807-horsepower Dodge Challenger SRT Super Stock, the 797-horsepower Dodge Charger SRT Redeye, the most powerful and fastest mass-produced sedan in the world, and the Dodge Durango SRT 392, America’s fastest, most powerful and most capable three-row SUV. Combined, these three muscle cars make Dodge the industry’s most powerful brand, offering more horsepower than any other American brand across its entire lineup.
In 2020, Dodge was named the "#1 Brand in Initial Quality," making it the first domestic brand ever to rank No. 1 in the J.D. Power Initial Quality Study
(IQS). In 2021, the Dodge brand ranked No. 1 in the J.D. Power APEAL Study
(mass market), making it the only domestic brand ever to do so two years in a row.
Dodge is part of the portfolio of brands offered by leading global automaker and mobility provider Stellantis. For more information regarding Stellantis (NYSE: STLA), please visit www.stellantis.com
Follow Dodge and company news and video on:
Company blog: http://blog.stellantisnorthamerica.com
Media website: http://media.stellantisnorthamerica.com
Dodge brand: www.dodge.com