November 29, 2017,
The all-new 2018 Jeep® Wrangler offers three new Uconnect systems, delivering communication, entertainment and navigation features drivers and passengers desire, including a full-color LED instrument cluster. This marks the first-time Wrangler offers the new, fourth-generation Uconnect systems.
Fourth-generation Uconnect systems
The all-new 2018 Jeep Wrangler debuts with the fourth-generation Uconnect system that includes easy-to-use features, enhanced processing power, faster start-up times and a touchscreen that displays high-resolution graphics.
Customers will have the choice of either a 5-, 7- or 8.4-inch touchscreen display in the all-new 2018 Jeep Wrangler. The available Uconnect systems are:
- Uconnect 3 with 5-inch display
- Uconnect 4 with 7-inch display
- Uconnect 4C NAV with 8.4-inch display
Available features and services include:
- Handsfree phone calls or texts
- Built-in radio options, which allow drivers and passengers to stream internet radio through Bluetooth or plug-in compatible personal devices in to USB or AUX ports
- Uconnect Navigation with turn-by-turn directions
- Touchscreen with customizable menu bar, using the Drag and Drop feature
- Drag and drop the most used app icons to the main menu bar for one-screen usability
- SiriusXM Radio, Travel Link, Traffic and Guardian connected services provide real-time information and a variety of entertainment options
- Unlock or lock the vehicle with the available SiriusXM Guardian smartphone app
- Send & Go sends the destination directly to the Uconnect Navigation system before entering the vehicle
The 2018 Jeep Wrangler models are equipped with the Uconnect 4 system and a 7-inch or 8.4-inch display, including Apple CarPlay and Android Auto:
Intuitive Uconnect Navigation system
- Apple CarPlay provides drivers with a smarter, simpler way to use an iPhone inside a vehicle. Apple CarPlay seamlessly integrates an iPhone with the vehicle’s built-in display and controls in addition to featuring Siri Voice control. iPhone-equipped drivers can make phone calls, access music, send and receive messages, receive voice-guided navigation optimized for traffic conditions and more, while staying focused on the road
- Android Auto automatically provides drivers with a safer way to use Android phones while driving. The system will share useful information when driving and makes it easy to access the best of Google. It features Google Maps with free voice-guided navigation, live traffic information, lane guidance; on-demand access to 30 million songs with Google Play Music; the ability to place phone calls or send and receive messages while keeping your hands on the wheel; and the ability to ask Google to search any question. Android Auto also makes it easy to access popular apps and content from the Uconnect system’s touchscreen
The Uconnect 4C NAV offers built-in navigation standard, including 3-D imagery of landmarks, city models and digital terrain. Utilizing the large, 8.4-inch touchscreen, the Uconnect Navigation system delivers directions, lane guidance and points of interest. The touchscreen supports multi-touch gestures with pinch, tap and swipe capability. The all-new system features enhanced graphics and a one-step voice entry system so Jeep customers can easily say the address and navigate on the go.
SiriusXM Travel Link
SiriusXM Travel Link provides information and entertainment that can be operated via voice and is available on vehicles with the Uconnect 4C NAV. To make every trip more efficient, SiriusXM Travel Link provides premium data services and information, and includes:
- Weather: shows coast-to-coast weather data, current conditions and five-day forecasts, detailed storm cell information, hurricane and tropical storm tracking, local wind speeds and even ski resort conditions
- Fuel prices: lists prices, locations and distance to more than 120,000 fuel stations across the United States, and can have the navigation system route to a selected fuel station location. The feature also can search for fuel grade pricing for gasoline or diesel
- Sports: in-game and final scores and weekly schedules from the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, NASCAR, golf, and college football and basketball
- Movies: uses listings from more than 4,500 movie theaters across the United States to help customers plan movie times, theater addresses, ratings, and run lengths ahead of time. Customers can use the navigation system to set a route to a selected theater location
SiriusXM Traffic works with the vehicle’s navigation system to display traffic speed and flow information, along with accident information to assist drivers in routing around congested areas.
The new 2018 Jeep Wrangler offers its customers an expanded channel lineup from SiriusXM Radio with new exclusive programming.
SiriusXM Guardian Connected Services
The Uconnect4C NAV system features the connected services of SiriusXM Guardian, delivering advanced in-vehicle connectivity and useful apps for drivers and passengers. Features and services include:
4G Wi-Fi Hotspot on-the-go
- In the event of a minor collision, medical or other emergency, the occupant can press the SOS button located on the rearview mirror to connect with a trained call center agent who can send emergency assistance to the vehicle’s location
- Should the vehicle run out of fuel, get a flat tire or need a tow, pushing the Assist button can pinpoint vehicle location, sending help as quickly as possible
- The vehicle can be started from virtually anywhere with the Uconnect smartphone app to warm or cool vehicle temperature before occupants enter
- Use the SiriusXM Guardian smartphone app to easily search, map, and send locations directly to vehicle’s Uconnect Navigation system
The Uconnect 4C NAV system offers available 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot connectivity, with different data plan options, including an unlimited data plan.
Premium Sound System
- Models in the United States offer a variety of data plans, including an unlimited data plan starting at $20 a month
- 4G LTE network capability keeps customers and their families even more connected – maximizing coverage, increasing responsiveness and offering higher speed connectivity
- In-vehicle 4G Wi-Fi hotspot provides wireless internet connectivity to a laptop, tablet or smartphone
- Connect up to eight mobile devices inside the vehicle, or up to 50-feet away for those who wish to stay connected outside
The new 2018 Jeep Wrangler offers two sound systems:
3.5-inch driver information display
- Standard eight speakers
- Two 2.5-inch speakers in the instrument panel
- Two 4.5-inch front door speakers
- Two 2.5-inch sound bar speakers
- Two 4.5-inch sound bar subwoofers
- Available premium Alpine audio system with nine speakers
- Two 3.5-inch speakers in the instrument panel
- Two 4.5-inch front door speakers
- Two 3.5-inch sound bar speakers
- Two 4.5-inch sound bar subwoofers
- One 10-inch quad voice coil subwoofer
For the 2018 Jeep Wrangler, filling the instrument cluster in front of the driver is the standard 3.5-inch driver information display. Fuel gauge and digital temperature display are strategically placed for easy reference while driving, and the crisp display is easily customizable to display preset information of the driver’s choice.
The reconfigurable 3.5-inch driver information display screen can be customized by the driver by scrolling through menus using the steering-wheel-mounted controls. Available menus include: speedometer, vehicle information, fuel economy, trip information, audio, stored messages, screen setup and settings, and turn-by-turn navigation, if the vehicle is equipped with navigation.
7-inch driver information display
A class-leading 7-inch full-color driver information display is available on 2018 Jeep Wrangler models. Featuring a reconfigurable function that enables drivers to personalize information inside the instrument cluster, the display is designed to visually communicate information, using graphics and text, quickly and easily.
The driver information display offers drivers a wide range of customization options, from a basic speed readout to specific vehicle status information. Operation of the display is clearly communicated to users with easy-to-understand icons and instructions. Using buttons on the steering wheel, drivers can customize the screen with as much or as little information as they desire. The system is intuitive and can be arranged for a variety of views. Additionally, the four corners of the display can be customized to show information at a glance, including current fuel economy, outside temperature, time and compass direction.
Once a main screen is chosen, it becomes the default setting, remembering the user’s selection upon restarting the Wrangler. Vehicle concerns are instantly reported to the driver via pop-up warning messages on the display. Text warning messages are automatically stored so a driver can review the message at their convenience.
Built on more than 80 years of legendary heritage, Jeep is the authentic SUV brand that brings capability, craftsmanship and versatility to people who seek extraordinary journeys. The Jeep brand delivers an open invitation to live life to the fullest by offering a broad portfolio of vehicles that continues to provide owners with a sense of safety and security to handle any journey with confidence. The Jeep vehicle range consists of the Cherokee, Compass, Gladiator, Grand Cherokee, new three-row Grand Cherokee L, Grand Cherokee 4xe, Renegade and Wrangler and Wrangler 4xe. Jeep Wave, a premium owner loyalty and customer care program that is available to the entire Jeep 4x4 lineup, is filled with benefits and exclusive perks to deliver Jeep brand owners the utmost care and dedicated 24/7 support. The legendary Jeep brand's off-road capability is enhanced by a global electrification initiative that is transforming 4xe into new 4x4 in pursuit of the brand’s vision of accomplishing Zero Emission Freedom. All Jeep brand vehicles will offer an electrified variant by 2025.
Follow Jeep and company news and video on:
Company blog: http://blog.stellantisnorthamerica.com
Media website: http://media.stellantisnorthamerica.com
Jeep brand: www.jeep.com