July 19, 2016,
Auburn Hills, Mich.
Ram Truck dealers from around the Chicago metropolitan area made their way to Lombard’s Yorktown Center today to load-up on new Ram ProMaster City vans.
The Ram Commercial Truck brand hosted a one-day dealer drive-away event for the popular new ProMaster City van. From there, dealers will head back to their stores with dozens of small vans destined for all sorts of small businesses – from caterers to locksmiths.
Following Ram Commercial Truck brand’s best February, March, April, May and June on record for small-van sales volumes, Ram dealers have been clamoring for more shipments in order to meet the unprecedented demand.
The ProMaster City’s class-leading features and third-party accolades, including Green Car Journal’s
2016 Commercial Green Car of the Year™, have helped boost the van’s success.
Ram ProMaster City offers best-in-class standard features where they count:
- 178 horsepower and 174 lb.-ft. of torque
- Payload – 1,883 pounds
- Cargo volume – 131.7 cubic feet
- Unsurpassed 24 combined mpg (21 mpg city/ 29 mpg highway)
- Unsurpassed towing capacity – 2,000 lbs.
- Exclusive 9-speed automatic transmission
- Powertrain warranty – five years/60,000 miles
The 2016 Ram ProMaster City is Ram’s newest addition to its commercial vehicle lineup and contributes to the expanding, purpose-built van segment with functional elements tied directly to commercial customer demand. ProMaster City opens a door for incremental growth of Ram’s brand sales volumes.
Available in Tradesman cargo or five-passenger Wagon variations, the Ram ProMaster City is based on the successful Fiat Doblò, a two-time International Van of the Year winner with more than 1.3 million units sold. The Class 1 entry incorporates familiar Ram design elements and offers features, systems and powertrains preferred by North American customers.
Ram Truck Brand
In 2009, the Ram Truck brand launched as a stand-alone division, focused on meeting the demands of truck buyers and delivering benchmark-quality vehicles. With a full lineup of trucks, the Ram 1500, 2500/3500 Heavy Duty, 3500/4500/5500 Chassis Cab and ProMaster, the Ram brand builds trucks that get the hard work done and families where they need to go.
Ram continues to outperform the competition and sets the benchmarks for:
- 1,075 lb.-ft. of torque with Cummins Turbo Diesel
- Towing capacity of 37,090 lbs. with Ram 3500
- Segment first 1,000 lb.-ft of torque with Cummins Turbo Diesel
- Payload of 7,680 lbs. with Ram 3500
- Most luxurious: Ram Limited with real wood, real leather and 12-inch Uconnect touchscreen
- Best ride and handling with exclusive link coil rear and auto-level air suspensions
- Most interior space with Ram Mega Cab
- The most cargo space available in any traditional full size cargo van
- Most capable full-size off-road pickup – Ram Power Wagon
- Ram 1500 TRX is the quickest, fastest and most powerful mass-produced pickup truck in the world
- Most awarded light-duty truck in America
- Highest owner loyalty of any half-ton pickup
The latest J.D. Power APEAL study
, which rates the emotional bond between customers and their vehicles, named the 2022 Ram 1500 as the best vehicle in the large light-duty pickup category. This marks the third straight year Ram 1500 has received top honors.
The Ram 1500 lineup includes the Know & Go mobile app featuring an immersive experience for customers who want to learn more about their vehicles.
Ram is part of the portfolio of brands offered by leading global automaker and mobility provider Stellantis. For more information regarding Stellantis (NYSE: STLA), please visit www.stellantis.com
Follow Ram and company news and video on:
Company blog: http://blog.stellantisnorthamerica.com
Media website: http://media.stellantisnorthamerica.com
Ram Truck brand: www.ramtrucks.com