2017 Jeep® Compass Fact Sheet
New for 2017
- 2017 Jeep® Compass is the most capable compact SUV, providing style and exceptional performance in all weather conditions
- 2017 Jeep Compass delivers legendary Jeep capability as well as fuel economy of up to 30 miles per gallon (mpg)
- Unsurpassed Jeep Trail Rated 4x4 capability with Freedom Drive II Off-road Package and exceptional ride and handling performance in all weather conditions
- Jeep Compass offers more than 30 safety and security features
- The 2017 Jeep Compass is available in three drivetrain configurations: 4x2, Freedom Drive I full-time active 4x4, and Freedom Drive II full-time active 4x4
- 2017 Jeep Compass available powertrains include a Powertech six-speed automatic transmission, five-speed manual transmission or the continuously-variable transmission II (CVT2)
- The Jeep Compass compact SUV delivers up to 2,000-lbs. towing capacity
August 31, 2016,
Auburn Hills, Mich.
With unmatched Jeep capability in all weather conditions, fuel economy of up to 30 mpg, a distinctive design and features customers value, the 2017 Jeep Compass sets the standard in the compact-SUV segment. The Jeep Compass is built in the United States at the FCA US Belvidere (Ill.) Assembly Plant
- The 2017 Jeep Compass is powered by the 2.0-liter I-4 World Gas Engine, which produces 158 horsepower (117 kW) and 141 lb.-ft. (191 N•m) of torque, mated to a five-speed manual transmission.
- The 2017 Jeep Compass offers an optional 2.4-liter I-4 DOHC 16-valve dual variable-valve timing (VVT) engine, which produces 172 horsepower. Optional transmissions include the CVT2 transmission, the Powertech six-speed automatic transmission or the continuously-variable transaxle with low range (CVT2L) with the Freedom Drive II Off-road Package that delivers a 19:1 overall crawl ratio.
- Jeep Compass is available in three drivetrain configurations – standard front-wheel drive, available Freedom Drive I and the Trail rated Freedom Drive II Off-road Package.
- Jeep Freedom Drive I 4x4 is an available full-time, active four-wheel-drive system with lock mode designed to give drivers year-round assurance with the ability to handle rough weather and low-traction conditions. This active four-wheel-drive system is recommended for daily use, including slick conditions that come with rain and light snow. Freedom Drive I also features a lockable center coupling, giving drivers the ability to put the Jeep Compass in four-wheel-drive lock mode to handle deep snow, sand and other low-traction surfaces.
- The Jeep Freedom Drive II 4x4 Off-road Package is an available four-wheel-drive system that delivers Jeep Trail Rated capability in Compass form. The Freedom Drive II Off-road Package includes a second-generation CVT2L that engages when the off-road mode is activated, 17-inch all-terrain tires and aluminum wheels, a one-inch raised ride height, a full-size spare tire, skid plates, tow hooks, fog lamps and manual seat height adjuster. The available Freedom Drive II Off-road Package is recommended for off-road situations that include steep grades, occasional wheel lift and rock or log climbing. The Freedom Drive II Off-road Package delivers a 19:1 overall crawl ratio.
For 2017, the Jeep Compass offers two models:
- Black Clear Coat
- Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat
- Bright White Clear Coat
- Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl Coat
- Granite Crystal Metallic Clear Coat
- True Blue Pearl Coat
- Mojave Sand
- Light Pebble Beige
- Dark Slate Gray
- Saddle Tan
- Dark Slate
- Light Frost
Please visit the Jeep Compass newsroom
for additional product information, photography and videography.
Built on more than 80 years of legendary heritage, Jeep® is the authentic SUV brand that delivers legendary off-road capability, interior refinement, high-tech features and versatility to people who seek extraordinary journeys. The Jeep brand delivers an open invitation to live life to the fullest by offering a broad portfolio of vehicles that continues to provide owners with a sense of safety and security to handle any journey with confidence. Jeep Wave, a premium owner loyalty and customer care program that is available to the entire Jeep 4x4 lineup, is filled with benefits and exclusive perks to deliver Jeep brand owners the utmost care and dedicated 24/7 support. The legendary Jeep brand's off-road capability is enhanced by a global electrification initiative that is transforming 4xe into the new 4x4 in pursuit of the brand’s vision of accomplishing Zero Emission Freedom and added 4x4 capability. All Jeep brand vehicles will offer an electrified variant by 2025.
Follow Jeep and company news and video on:
Company blog: http://blog.stellantisnorthamerica.com
Media website: http://media.stellantisnorthamerica.com
Jeep brand: www.jeep.com