Mall Tours Aren’t Just for Singers: All-new 2015 Chrysler 200 Offers Free Test Drives in June and July
- Chrysler brand makes it easy to test drive the new Chrysler 200 by bringing a fleet of vehicles to a mall near you
- Perfect activity for consumers curious about the new Chrysler 200 or for the “non-shopper” who tagged along on the trip to the mall
- The 2015 Chrysler 200 delivers inspired American design, beautiful craftsmanship with high-quality materials inside and out, premium features, state-of-the-art technology that’s intuitive and easy to use and exceptional driving dynamics
- With a starting Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price of $21,995, the new Chrysler 200 delivers value without sacrificing style or the features drivers want
June 4, 2015,
Auburn Hills, Mich.
Exquisite style meets exceptional performance this summer when the all-new 2015 Chrysler 200 brings test drives to a mall near you.
The 2015 Chrysler 200 leapfrogs expectations for a mid-size car with an elegant exterior design, a thoughtful, beautifully crafted interior and an exceptional driving experience. With highway fuel economy of up to 36 miles per gallon; the most available safety and security features in the segment with 60; an available, best-in-class all-wheel drive system; easy-to-use, state-of-the-art technology and a starting U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of just $21,995 (excluding $995 destination), the all-new 2015 Chrysler 200 is a car that customers will be proud to own, at a price they will appreciate. The 2015 Chrysler 200 is designed, engineered and built with pride in Michigan.
Shoppers with a valid driver’s license in the Boston area can experience the Chrysler 200 at:
- South Shore Plaza, June 4 – June 7. South Shore Plaza is located at 250 Granite St. in Braintree, Mass.
- Northshore Mall, June 18 – June 21. The Northshore Mall is located at the intersection of Routes 128 North and 114 East in Peabody, Mass.
- Worcester Food Truck Festival, June 18 – 21. The Worcester Food Truck Festival is held at Elm Park, 248 Highland St. in Worcester, Mass.
Shoppers with a valid driver’s license in the New York City metropolitan area can experience the 2015 Chrysler 200 at:
- The Northside Festival at McCarren Park, June 11 – 14. McCarren park is located at 776 Lorimer St. Brooklyn, New York
- Roosevelt Field Mall, July 9 – July 12. Roosevelt Field Mall is located at 630 Old Country Rd. in Garden City, New York
- Smith Haven Mall, July 16 – 19. Smith Haven Mall is located at 313 Smith Haven Mall in Lake Grove, New York
Consumers will be able to experience features offered on the new 2015 Chrysler 200 that other mid-size sedans don’t offer including:
- Standard 9-speed automatic transmission on all models
- Electronic shifting with rotary e-shift dial
- Innovative available all-wheel-drive system with fully-disconnecting rear axle
- Best-in-class 295 horsepower on the available V6 engine
- Standard Keyless Enter ‘n Go with push-button start on all models
- Electronic shifting with rotary e-shift dial, standard on all models
- 60 available safety and security features including SafeHold electronic parking brake (if the car is on and in gear, and the driver unbuckles their seat belt and opens the driver door, the parking brake is applied), Perpendicular and Parallel Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control Plus with full stop and go, Forward Collision Warning Plus with Active Braking, ParkView rear backup camera with dynamic grid lines
- Innovative center console with pass-through storage for driver and front-seat passenger, sliding cup holders and hidden media/charging center, the most interior storage space
- Best-in-class interior storage space
- Available 8.4-inch touchscreen media center – largest in the segment
- Available 7-inch full-color LED driver information display instrument cluster
- Fuel economy of 36 mpg highway with standard 2.4-liter Tigershark engine
- Fuel economy of 32 mpg highway with the available Pentastar V-6 engine
While last winter is a distant memory, the 2015 Chrysler 200 prepares drivers for next year with an industry-leading all-wheel-drive system featuring a segment-first disconnecting rear axle that improves fuel economy by operating in front-wheel drive when all-wheel drive is not needed.
- System is fully automatic, no driver input or intervention is needed
- The all-wheel-drive system features a single power transfer unit (PTU) which is fully automatic and delivers seamless operation in and out of all-wheel drive at any speed
- The system delivers yaw correction during dynamic events, improves both understeer and oversteer conditions and offers balanced torque distribution with brake traction control
- Disconnecting rear axle disconnects at both the PTU and rear drive module which improves fuel economy by reducing parasitic loss when all-wheel drive is not needed
- All-wheel-drive system will send up to 60 percent torque to the rear wheels while in Sport mode for more of a performance driving experience
The Chrysler brand has delighted customers with distinctive designs, craftsmanship, intuitive innovation and technology since the company was founded in 1925. The Chrysler Pacifica continues to reinvent the minivan, a segment Chrysler invented, with an unprecedented level of functionality, versatility, technology and bold styling and the most advanced available all-wheel-drive system in its class. The available innovative hybrid powertrain takes this revolutionary vehicle a step further. It’s the first electrified vehicle in the minivan segment and achieves more than 80 MPGe in electric-only mode, has an all-electric range of more than 30 miles and a total range of more than 500 miles. Chrysler Voyager offers fleet owners a budget-friendly minivan that also provides a well-equipped, exceptional driving experience. The Chrysler 300 lineup delivers on the brand’s promise of iconic and elegant design executed with world-class performance, efficiency and quality – all at an attainable value. Chrysler is part of the portfolio of brands offered by leading global automaker and mobility provider Stellantis. For more information regarding Stellantis (NYSE: STLA), please visit www.stellantis.com
Follow Chrysler and company news and video on:
Company blog: http://blog.stellantisnorthamerica.com
Media website: http://media.stellantisnorthamerica.com
Chrysler brand: www.chrysler.com