March 19, 2013,
The eighth annual “Spring Festival of LXs” will be held Saturday, March 23 on the tarmac of the Orange County Great Park (formerly Marine Corp Air Station El Toro) in Irvine, Calif. With nearly 1,000 registered vehicles and owners coming from more than 21 states and two countries, it will be the largest owner-gathering of Dodge Chargers, Dodge Challengers, Dodge Magnums and Chrysler 300 vehicles in North America.
What started as a small group and active community of online Chrysler and Dodge “LX” owners and forum users has grown into one of the largest “viral” owner events in the country (LX was the original vehicle platform code for Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger and Dodge Magnum). It has become somewhat of a homecoming for the owners, giving the active digital communicators a chance meet face-to-face.
With food, prizes, custom vehicle displays, vendor alleys, cruises, parties and manufacturer roundtable discussions, the event has evolved from a single day into a three-day weekend. Part homecoming, part celebration of great American cars and part festival has become a family destination every March.
The Spring Festival of LXs is a unique collaboration between owners, forum users, aftermarket vendors, Chrysler Group’s California Business Center and “tricked-out” vehicles from the factory.
- Thursday, March 21: 6 p.m. - 10 p.m., Cruise-in at Beach Burger in Huntington Beach
- Friday, March 22: noon - mdnight, Spring Festival Kick-off Party at Doubletree Irvine
- Saturday, March 23: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m., Eighth Annual Spring Festival of LXs at Orange County Great Park (formerly Marine Corp Air Station El Toro). Enter off of Sand Canyon Blvd.
- 11:30 a.m. – Formal Welcome by Chrysler Group LLC
- 11:45 a.m. – Exclusive unveiling of new SRT model
- Ralph Gilles, President and CEO - SRT Brand and Motorsports and Senior Vice President - Product Design, Chrysler Group LLC
- Saad Chehab, President and CEO – Chrysler Brand, Chrysler Group LLC
- Mark Trostle, Head of SRT, Mopar and Motorsports Design, Chrysler Group LLC
- Thousands of passionate American car owners
Photo and interview opportunities available.